eExams - Clarifying the process
We are excited to be conducting eExams in many centres across the country during our June 2012 examination session. This amazing technology is allowing us to conduct piano exams in remote locations where travel is difficult and costly. eExams are a convenient and economical alternative for families who may live far away from large, urban centres.
Here are a few other points to remember:
- eExams are NOT conducted through Skype! Skype is utilized for the personal interaction between examiner and student – that is all. Internet MIDI connects digital piano to digital piano so that the quality of sound on either end is immediate and pure – exactly what the examiner would hear if they were in the room with the student.
- Digital pianos today are truly amazing instruments. Teachers, students and parents need not be concerned about the quality of the instrument. I attended a recent launch of the latest Roland digital grand. Performers were Charles Richard Hamelin (classical pianist and winner of the Prix d’Europe, 2011) and Bernie Senensky (renowned Toronto-based jazz artist). Both are overwhelmed by the high performance quality inherent in the Roland product. You can view Charles and Bernie in that Roland V-Piano Grand demonstration here!
- Internet MIDI is being used for lessons by some of the top pedagogues in North America.
- Students are enjoying the eExam experience as they are in familiar surroundings.
- Many students find that stress is reduced since the examiner is not physically in the room.
Visit our YouTube page to hear what previous students and examiners have to say about their eExam experience!
CONSERVATORY CANADA will be using the eExam technology to offer piano exams outside of the normal exam periods of February, June and August. We are happy to offer exams more regularly, at a mutually convenient date for teacher, student and family.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PIANO EXAMINATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE USUAL EXAM PERIODS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE AT mail [at] conservatorycanada [dot] ca.